Implementation of Iboss EMS in Government College
Loganatha Narayanasamy Government College (Autonomous), Ponneri, Thiruvallur District, Tamilnadu is a pioneering government college which was established in the year 1965.
The college presently offers 13 UG, 9 PG, 3 MPhil and 3 PhD programmes and functions in two shifts, with total student strength of 4442 in the year 2018.
- Requirement analysis done at various level to automate the exam process
- The Institution has become autonomy in the year 2011. Migration tools were applied to stream line student database management
- Applied strategies to standardize and stable the Exam process and autonomy structure
- Dynamic operations are allowed in all modules to ensure to adopt Government Policies
- Being a newest autonomy Institution, difficult to streamline the process for autonomy structure
- User Interface has to be modified to ensure ease of use
- Institution Being at Rural, implementation challenges faced due to network/ Internet.
- Subjects, Students and Results have to be migrated since June 2011 upto Nov 2015 for 12 exam groups including Supplementary examination
- Required long Supporting phase
- Successfully launched self-supported online student portal in Government College for the first time
- Online/Digital Transfer Certificate with photograph as per Government Policy
- Turned to latest version of iBoss and active for the past five years
- Reduced 50% of Paper work through student login features such as Online Challan, Exam application, Hallticket etc
- Reduced 40% of clerical work of OCOE (Office of Controller of Examination ) by automate the exam process and arrear generation